Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I renumber existing footnotes so that they start from '1'?

You can restart numbering in each section, but if you have more than one
section in a chapter, you'll find this doesn't work right.

"Windpipe" wrote in message
I'm trying to renumber an existing book-length continuous sequence of
footnotes to start from '1' in each chapter. I'm hoping there's a way to
do
this that won't involve bypassing the electronic numbering altogether.
Can't
seem to find this explained anywhere, but also don't remember it being a
problem. I'm using Word 2003, Windows XP Professional.