Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

Default Automatic printer selection based on paper size

If you're familiar with programming in VBA, you can write a macro that looks
at the paper size (and be aware that this is a property of each separate
section, not of the whole document, unless there's only one section) and
uses the code in http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...CurPrinter.htm to
select the proper printer. Because the name of the printer is hard-coded
into the macro, this is going to be specific for your circumstances, and
will need to be updated if either printer is replaced.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Wowbagger wrote:
I have a printer in my office that handles letter size paper only,
and one down the hall that handles legal. Is it possible to tell
Word to print to my printer for letter and automatically switch to
the other for legal?

Thanks