Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default cut here - dashed/dotted line with scissors icon

My suggestion is forget the scissors. Just set up a line with tab leaders
using dotted lines formatted to a light grey. The first tab (a tab with
dotted leader) draws across to short of the cent then type in 'cut along
here' followed by a second tab leader, right aligned to the margin. So you
end up with something like...

------------------- cut along here ---------------------

Then save this as an AutoText (Quick Parts) item for regular use.

Do we really need scissors symbols to tell us to cut? I expect most people
will fold and tear because they don't have scissors handy.

Terry Farrell

"Matty" wrote in message

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 May 2008 17:15:33 -0700, "Matty"
wrote:

WinP Pro SP2
MS Office 2003 SP3

How do you create/insert a "cut here line"? I prefer a dashed/dotted
line
with a scissors icon.

Thanks.

Insert either a double-quote character or a # character, and format it in
Wingdings font -- both are scissors, but in different orientations.

Then display the Drawing toolbar. Select the Line tool (next to the
AutoShapes
button) and draw a line near the scissors. Using the other buttons on the
Drawing toolbar, format the line to the color, thickness, and dash style
you
want.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Thanks.

I thought there would be an option for a ready made line style with a
scissor, like the one in MS Pub (although MS Pub is limited to complete
borders).