Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy Cindy is offline

Default Subparagraph numbering: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and so on

Word 2007 - I wish this post had been here back in January! It took lots of
creative manipulation but I managed to create Styles called Level 1, Level 2
and Level 3 with this same numbering format. They each have their own format
specific to how we want them presented on the report. I redefined these
Styles so they show on the top row of the Styles List. Then I saved this in
the Quick Style Set. The problem I am having is Level 3 in the Quick Style
will not save the "no indent" setting. I have to reset it each time I use
the Quick Style. Any suggestions? Also, can this numbering format be
created and incorporated into One Quick Style?

"Deejay" wrote:

Hi, how do I cause subparagraphs to be numbered 1.1, 1.2 and so on for
subparagraphs of parargraph 1, 2.1, 2.2 for subs of paragraph 2 and so on?

I would like them to be so numbered so that if I press tab on the paragraph
after 2 it should be become 2.1 instead of a. as it does at the moment. I
also want the para number to update if the main paragraph number changes.

Many thanks.