Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Default Contacts/Category Mail Merge

We've both posted the instructions already.
Your first problem is step #8. As Graham said, since you've already selected
your data source by starting the merge from Outlook, you cannot and must not
try to select a data source again, which is exactly what you are doing in
step #8. That's where you lose your filtered data source.
As I posted, once you select your label type in the Mail Merge Helper,
dismiss it entirely. Then use the Mail Merge Toolbar to complete your merge.
There you will see the "Insert Merge Field" Button. Click it. Then select
"Database Fields." There you will see all of the Outlook Contact Fields you
will need to construct your merge, including derived fields such as "Full
Name" and "Mailing Address"
Nothing has changed in this merge process since Outlook 2003 was released.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"KathrynBassett" wrote in message
oups.com...
Graham, I have made a step by step, with screen captures, page so you
can see exactly what I've done, and posted it at
http://www.bassett.net/storage/merge...rgeproblem.htm
Hopefully, you can follow along there and see what my problems are
(down toward bottom, in red), and tell me which step is causing the
problems.

Hopefully,
Kathryn