Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Using Find replace to reverse words: Cottage Mimosa Mimosa Cottage,etc

It's just a way of ensuring you get the next word. The number is not
especially important as long as it is less than the likely number of
characters in 'B'
ChrisM's suggestion of (Cottage) (*) should work equally well, though
personally I don't much care for the * wildcard if it can be avoided.

Stefan Blom wrote:
Assuming that I understood it correctly, this search finds A (the word
"Cottage"), a space, and B (a word with at least two characters, which
can be uppercase or lowercase letters) and replaces it with B, a
space, and A.

I'm not sure what the restriction on B is for?

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Replace (wildcards)
(Cottage) ([a-zA-Z]{2,})
with
\2 \1

Stefan Blom wrote:
Note that if your document contains more than a list of names, it
isn't a good idea to use the suggested search. :-(

Hopefully, someone can come up with a better idea.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
The following seems to work:

1. Choose Edit | Replace.

2. Click the More button, if necessary.

3. Check the "Use wildcards" option.

4. "Find what": (*)( )(*)

5. "Replace with": \3\2\1

6. Click Replace All.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rob" wrote in message
I have a text with names of cottages in French word order: Cottage
Mimosa, Cottage Alohi, etc.

How can I use Find/Replace to change them all to Mimosa Cottage,
Alohi Cottage, etc.?

TIA

Robin