Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MP[_2_] MP[_2_] is offline

Default Page Footers and Landscape

On Mar 14, 9:06 am, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
Did you remember to unlink the section?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MP" wrote in message

On Mar 12, 5:48 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Seehttp://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm

wrote in message

I wonder if anyone can provide some guidance on this question: We have
a document with page footers containing page numbers. One page is
landscape mode. Requirements for a bound thesis is for the page
numbers to all be on the bottom of the page. When the page is
landscape it's not on the bottom when you consider how the book is
bound.

Can anyone suggest a way to get the page number to appear on what
would be the left side margin (when you turn the book to read that
page)?

We followed the instructions on your suggested page and have had some
luck. But we need to do this for several sections of the document. In
one section it worked fine. In the other section, it went haywire -
put the page number on the side of every page in the document. I don't
understand what we may have done wrong.

Yes the sections are all unlinked. Next step is to try to put in all
the pages and data. Seems adding each section as we go causes errors.
I wonder if there is a bug somewhere. Anyway, the steps are clear and
the sections are unlinked and it works. Then in a new section is gets
crazy.