Tom Leylan

Default stationary template logo help

Help :-) I've searched all over the place and found dozens of almost
complete answers... all I want to do is place a logo in the top left corner
of the first page such that it prints along with my letters rather than
printing stationary in one pass and then sending those pages through the
printer again.

People have answered put the image in the header, send the image to the
background, how about a watermark, etc., etc. I don't know if they just
give out answers without trying it or they assume our settings are the same
or what is happening but it just about never works. I created a template,
looks great. I use the template, hey it's working, delete some text... oops
there goes the logo. That can't be what people are asking for when they
pose this question.

If it's difficult does somebody know of a site that outlines it? The logo
has to be placed in a particular spot on the page. It's letterhead so it
should only appear on the first page (so I don't think I want to imbed it
into a header) besides wouldn't that use up the header if we needed to use
that also? If we type text it shouldn't start pushing the graphic around
the page. If we select all and delete the stuff we typed it would be ideal
if the logo and anything else we consider part of the template remained.

I don't know enough about Word to know if it has a sense of "layers" but
generally speaking we just want a background layer that for all intents and
purposes acts like the paper. If it needs to be modified then the template
would be modified not the document based upon it.

Thanks so much for any pointers, particular to a step 1, step 2, step 3,
voila... wasn't this easier than you imagined sort of document :-)
Tom