Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word font preview sample in Arabic script

Just this morning, I noticed that a Style I use all the time had "Same
as Complex Font" in its upper Font window, with "Complex Font" named
as Times New Roman. So strange things can indeed happen in font
formatting.

I find those font previews more annoying than helpful so I always just
have them turned off. What happens if you do that?

It's in Customize Toolbars (left-click on the right edge of a toolbar)
Options Show font names in their font.

On Jun 4, 11:10*am, RichardS
wrote:
In Microsof Word 2003 click on "Format" then "font." *There is a preview of
the chosen font displayed in this drop down menu. *In my computer this
persists in being *displayed in arabic script - whatever the font chosen in
the upper part of the drop down menu. *Yes I have typed in Arabic as well as
English but not at the moment! *

"grammatim" wrote:
On Jun 4, 5:31 am, RichardS
wrote:
Word font preview sample in Arabic script - how can I change it to English?

What are you referring to?

Select a different font?

Do you type in Arabic?-