Charles Kenyon

It is not just that _some_ people have difficulties with this feature, it is
that the feature is flawed and will destroy your documents unless handled
with much more care than is usual in an office environment.

Read Steve Hudson's material before doing anything else, regardless of your
deadline.
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ma...masterdocs.doc
Otherwise you will be working on building a catastrophe!
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"Harley" wrote in message
news
Thanks but that didn't answer my question. I understand there are
concerns
using masters and subs for most people. I am instructed to make them
work,
so I am just wondering if anyone could answer my questions for me to give
me
a little help.

As for the links, thanks...I will read them when I can. Just kind of on a
tight deadline and need help quickly.

thanks,
--
Harley

"tjtjjtjt" wrote:

You may want to reconsder using thus feature.

Why Master Documents corrupt:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...ocsCorrupt.htm

How to recover a Master Document:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...MasterDocs.htm

Steve Hudson [Word Heretic] on how to make Master Documents work safely:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ma...dhomepage.html

--
tj

"Harley" wrote:

Hi all,

I am currenlty trying to create my first Master document and I would
like
some clarification on a few things.

1. Do all files, master and subs, have to be in the same folder? And
can
that folder be on SharePoint? If they can be on SharePoint, do I have
create the master by linking to SharePoint?

2. What is with the continuous section break after each document that
is
inserted? Is there a way to get rid of that? And if you manage to do
so,
when you go and edit the sub document, will it return to mess of the
format
of your master again?

I realize these are basic questions and apprecaite a quick answer if
possible.

Thanks

--
Harley