Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Default Printing redline with comments but not markup list

First, if you're cautious, make a backup copy of the document.

On the reviewing toolbar, click the down arrow next to the Accept
Changes button and click Accept All Changes. This doesn't affect the
comments. Print the document. Then click the Undo button, or close the
document without saving, to regain the changes.

If you forget and save while the changes are gone, restore from your
backup copy.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 9 May 2006 11:59:03 -0700, J.M.D.
wrote:

I'm using Word 2002 and and trying to get a printed redline version that
shows all the tracked changes in the text and prints the comments, but that
doesn't print the markup list of all the changes. (I'm often printing heavily
edited four- or five-page documents that I always have to print 20+ pages
listing all the changes just to get the markup and comments.) I've tried
fiddling around with turning balloons on and off and printing from different
views, and so far I've been able to get a redline version without the markup
list, but then I can't get seem to get the comments. I'm fine with the
comments printing as balloons or separately at the end of the document as
long as I can avoid the markup list. Is there a way to do this?