keakat keakat is offline
Junior Member

Thumbs up

In Word 2016 this red vertical line appeared in my documents. I was not happy because the so-called "Microsoft Help" didn't seem to have anything about it. I'd also looked in "Options" for the file and found no such "option"! I can usually solve these things and knew it wasn't a Track Change issue in my case. Several people suggested that, in response to this inquiry, and it may be for some cases, but not here.

Thanks to Shawn's comment below, I solved it. Thank you, Shawn! Clicking in the paragraph with the line and choosing no border corrected it.

I'm an advanced Word user, so glad to have found this forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalone1 View Post
I had the same problem...mine was solved by highlighting the paragraph that contains the line on the left margin, select BORDERS, select NONE. The line went away.
Shawn