Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lindsay McGibbon[_2_] Lindsay McGibbon[_2_] is offline

Default How can I use internat fax as default fax from Word 2007?

Thanks for reply. I did not mention mail merge. I was able to send faxes
direct from my PC with internal modem when my OS was Windows XP. I was also
able to scan documents and send them by fax using the scanner software, using
the basic Microsoft fax, but that does'nt work with Vista.
I looked at WinFax but I cannot find satisfactory proof that it works with
Vista. So I went for MyFax which operates from a web page; but this entails
scanning a letter or document I have, which seems a bummer when the letter is
in front of me.
As with everybody, faxes are a last resort these days, but it is handy if
recipient is not computer orientated.
I DID advise the fax/email software that Outlook was my default email
provider but cannot find how to alter Microsoft Fax to accept Myfax as
default fax. I was able to set Winfax as default. Sorry for the long reply
but don't watse too mcuh time on this one.

best wishes,

Lindsay McGibbon (Mr)

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

Not sure what this has to do with a mail merge.
Did you subscribe to one of the Internet Fax Services that integrates with
Office 2007? If so, which one? Did you integrate it with Outlook?
Once you do, you send Word documents using these complicated instructions:
Send Internet Fax
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

At present this entails scanning document to Picture Gallary (what a mess
that is) and then attaching it to my inrternet email over the web.

How can I set up MyFax as the default fax in Word, so I can send a fax
direct from word?