Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Koenig

Default How to put graphics on envelopes?

Thank you for your reply Suzanne. I have been able to create a document with
the graphic and return address just as I would like the envelopes to look
like, however, after creating the document, when I go to tools, mail merge,
envelopes, I get an envelope with the default return address not as the
document I just created.
I tried to look at Graham's templates but receive the message, "The macros
in this project are disabled." I would much prefer to learn how to add a
graphic to an envelope than to be forced to use someone's template.
It is really surprising that it is so difficult to add a graphic to an
envelope.
Thank you,
Steve Koenig

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you tried just creating your envelope as a document? You might look at
the downloadable envelope templates Graham offers.

"Steve Koenig" wrote in message
Sometimes an answer to a question can lead to a multitude of other

questions.
I think this may be the case here.
First I had to ponder the following:
"To achieve this, create a paragraph style for the return text."
Then I was introduced to "floating" graphics and text as two separate

saved
styles?
The goal is simply to print a graphic on the top left corner of the

envelope
with the return address directly next to the graphic.

Thank you for responding but I am no closer to getting a graphic to print

on
my envelopes.

Steve Koenig

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Look in help under EnvelopeExtra AutoText. Graham Mayor has an excellent

web
page on the subject.

http://www.gmayor.com/Alternative_Return_Addresses.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Steve Koenig" wrote in message
I would like the full editing capabilities of Word 2003 to prepare
envelopes
including inserting graphics, but when I go to Tools, Letters and
mailings,
then envelopes, I get a small envelope sized area to put in the
information I
want printed on the envelopes. How do I get graphics printed as part

of
the
return address?
Thank you,