Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default MICROSOFT WORD SHOULD NOT BE RACIST

Hi ?B?c2Vja2xlYmVu?=,

When I enter the word "Muslim" in lower-case in Microsoft word, it does not
automatically capitilize it. However, when I enter any other faith, like
Christianity, or Judaism, or even Hinduism, it automatically capitilizes the
word. I would like to know why this is. I'd appreciate a quick response or
else I will go to the media.

In my version of Word (2003) it's marked as "incorrect" and the spelling
suggestion is capitalized. It's just not in the AutoCorrect, but it wouldn't be
any big deal for you to put it there...

And as a side note: I don't think "racist" is the correct descriptive term. As
far as I know people of many races are Muslim. It seems to me to be racist to
expect only certain races would belong to that (or any of the other listed)
belief... You might accuse the software of being religiously discriminatory, but
certainly not racist.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org