Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Searching on Who has Made Changes to a Document

The color choices are those of the person viewing the document. You can set the 'by author' color attribute.

In Word 2007 use
Review Tab=Tracking Group=Track Changes=Change Tracking Option
In Word 2003 use
Tools=Track Changes and Show=Options from the Reviewing toolbar

Word marks the revisions using a hidden 'mailtoreviewername)' link in the document. I don't recall that you can search or walk
through changes by a specific reviewer/author name within a combined, multi-author document without using a macro.

=============
"Frustrated" wrote in message ...
We have numerous documents that are edited by several people, all documents
have the edit tracker active. All the people appear to be using the same
colour to track these edits making it dificult to determine who is changing
what.

My questions is that how can I search for a particular user who has edited
this document, bearing in mind that some documents are several hundred pages
in size
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP