Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
E.D.[_2_] E.D.[_2_] is offline

Default Attaching a template to existing document & it doesn't show up

I did select the auto update box. What do you mean by style? The template I
am trying to use has a header & company logo - they don't show up at all. Is
that considered content that won't update or show up in my current documet?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Also, note that even if the option is checked, only the styles of the
attached template will be updated, not the contents of the document.

Clarification: only the styles will be updated, not the contents of the
document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Did you remember to check the "Automatically update document styles"
option in the Templates and Add-Ins dialog box? Also, note that even if
the option is checked, only the styles of the attached template will be
updated, not the contents of the document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"E.D." wrote in message
I have a large number of documents that had a template attached to them
that
was on a server that is offline (dead). The old path does not exist now,
so
the formatting disappeared.

I am trying to replace the path to the new template, but it does not show
up
now. The path is there but the formatting is not.

What am I doing wrong?