gr8fuldave gr8fuldave is offline
Junior Member

Question

Hi Lisa,
This is an exact cut paste from the document:

*Fischer Jr, William O

there are a couple thousand of these I need to extract. I got pretty close and was able to highlight the *lastname, using the following:\*[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}...I can't seem to get it to capture the Jr, William O etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Wilke-Thissen View Post
Hi,

[unknown Word version]

I need to highlight and copy all the above from the document.
what is the formula to search and highlight *firstname,lastname?

lastname is followed by what - manual line break, paragrah, more text?

--
Cheers,

Lisa