Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

Default View/Print Layout Coming up with two pages across

Suzzane,

Hey, you got it! Thank you. Somehow my zoom had changed to 50% and when I
went to Print Layout, it showed two pages side-by-side. When I changed the
Zoom to 100% all was well. I played with Zoom, and it was fine until I got
to 50%, and the two pages would come up sid-by-side in Print Layout.

Thank you all for your persistence in helping me solve this problem (of
which the solution was in front of me. :-))

Happy holidays.

Steve

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Go to View | Zoom and select a Zoom setting other than "Two Pages." The Zoom
setting is saved with each individual document, so the view in a new
document is irrelevant to the view in an existing one.

"Steve" wrote in message
Stefan, this is not what I need. When when I click on View Printlayout

it
comes up with side by side pages. It should show just a singlel word.

I now believe the document was bad. I opened File New, and the Print
Layout had a single document. I then selected the text in my original
document and did a copy, and pasted it into the new document. Now in

Print
Layout, it shows a single page.

My guess is somehow the document was compromised.

Thanks for putting me on this track.

Steve

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/SaveViewAndZoom.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Steve" wrote in message
My Word 2003 has just started showing two pages across on the
screen. It should only be one page.

How do I change Print Layout to show only one page at a time?

This problem just started.