Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] stephenreichel@gmail.com is offline

Default Excel Worksheet Object resizes in Word when I edit/open it

On Thursday, December 6, 2007 at 12:14:00 AM UTC-5, Size matters wrote:
I have pasted an Excel Worksheet Object into my Word document. I need to use
the Excel functions (filtering) on this object so it must be editable (either
within the Word doc or in separate Excel doc).
It works correctly however it resizes (expands) itself within Word when
edited or opened. Sometimes it returns to the correct size after a few
seconds but other times it does not and I can only fix it by using undo.

Do you know why it does this or what I can do to stop it from expanding?
Thanks.

Same thing is happening to me. I've read a lot of forums and tried some of the fixes, but nothing was working. For some reason I began having the same problem with embedded excel sheets in MS Word docs that previously were working fine, so I began troubleshooting issues outside of MS Word/Excel. When I disconnected the laptop from the docking station and tested the embedded excel sheets, the tables reverted to normal. So, although I don't fully understand the root cause, it appears to be connected with display settings. Try adjusting display settings or disconnecting your laptop from the monitor and then open and close the embedded Excel sheet and see if that affects the distortion.