Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MDales MDales is offline

Default INCLUDETEXT putting both docs into merge

What have I doing wrong here? I want the merge to insert one document if you
answer "loan" and a different document if you answer "LOC" . I get an error
message "A field calcualtion error occurred in Record 1" and it inserts BOTH
documents.

Here's what I've done codes:

{ASK LoanOrLOC "Is this a Loan or a Line of Credit? (loan or LOC)" \o}{IF
{"ASK LoanOrLOC" } = "loan" ""{INCLUDETEXT "N:\\Precedents\\Loan Approval
Merge.doc" } ""} {IF {"ASK LoanOrLOC"} = "LOC" "" {INCLUDETEXT
"N:\\Precedents\\Solicitor's Certificate Merge.doc"} ""}

I'm fairly new at this and it sure is more difficult than with WordPerfect,
which simply let you string macros together. Would sure like to know what
I'm doing wrong.
Martha