Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cynthia M. Cynthia M. is offline

Default seeing {merge format} instead of a graphic

I e-mailed a word document as an attachment to a supervisor. She made a few
changes to it and e-mailed it back to me. When I clicked to open it, a box
popped up asking me if I wanted to merge with ??? (sorry, I didn't write it
down because I didn't know it would create a problem). I clicked yes. Since
then I can't view graphics in ANY of my Word 2007 files. Instead of a
graphic I get:

{INCLUDEPICTURE " \*MERGE FORMAT}

When I print the document, the graphic appears on the printout. But it
doesn't appear on my screen when I have the file open. This is quite a
problem, as I've "lost" all my graphics. I'm writing a training manual and
need the issue correct asap. What do I do to correct the problem?