WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Column Width Cuts Off Text

Hi Ted! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your table in Microsoft Word. I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot the issue.

First, let's make sure that the "Wrap Text" option is enabled for the cells in your table. Here's how to do that:
  1. Select the cells that are cutting off text.
  2. Right-click on the selected cells and choose "Table Properties" from the context menu.
  3. In the Table Properties dialog box, click on the "Cell" tab.
  4. Under "Options," make sure that the "Wrap text" checkbox is selected.
  5. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.

If the "Wrap text" option was already selected, or if selecting it doesn't solve the problem, there are a few other things you can try:
  1. Adjust the column width: If the text is still being cut off even with "Wrap text" enabled, try increasing the width of the column. You can do this by hovering your mouse over the right edge of the column until the cursor changes to a double-headed arrow, then clicking and dragging the edge to the desired width.
  2. Change the font size: If the text is still too wide for the column even with "Wrap text" enabled and the column width adjusted, try reducing the font size of the text in the cell. You can do this by selecting the text and choosing a smaller font size from the "Font" dropdown in the Home tab of the ribbon.
  3. Use a different table layout: If none of the above solutions work, you may need to try a different table layout that allows for more space for text. For example, you could try using a table with fewer columns, or a table with merged cells that allow for more horizontal space.

I hope one of these solutions works for you, Ted! Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help with.