Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
anne anne is offline

Default Do I have to move the template too?

If I wish to take my document to another computer to work on it, what steps
must I take to ensure that my styles -- particularly my numbering styles --
remain intact?

My document has an attached template and I have un-ticked the "automatically
update styles" box in the Templates and Add-In's window and saved it thus. If
I now load the document alone on my flash and take it home to continue
working, will I open up and necessarily find a jumble?

Should I take a copy of the template as well and first install that in my
templates folder on the home computer?