Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bill bill is offline

Default Can't get NUMWORDS working in a formula field

Of course - makes perfect sense. That worked great - thanks for the
assistance.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

The special field braces {} that surround each field cannot be typed on the
keyboard. You can insert them using ctrl-F9.

e.g.

ctrl-F9:
{ }
type NUMWORDS inside
{ NUMWORDS }
select the file and press ctrl-F9:
{ { NUMWORDS } }

type =ROUND after the first { :

{ =ROUND({ NUMWORDS } }

type , -3) before the final } :

{ =ROUND({ NUMWORDS },-3) }

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Bill" wrote in message
I'm trying to round the number of words to the nearest hundred in my
document
but keep getting an error when using the following formula:

{ = ROUND ({NUMWORDS], -3) }

The error I receive is as follows:

!Syntax Error, {

If I replace {NUMWORDS} with an explicit number, the field works fine.

I am running Word 2007. Any help is appreciated...