Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default How do I make a "null sign?"

Hi Jay,

I didn't think of the empty set symbol which is easily got with the Equation
editor (in 2007 anyway).

I seem to have some sort of problem with the group as I don't see Ed G's
reply with that statement ... but ... if I search for messages from Ed G it
comes up so now I'm sure you've found the symbol he's after. I don't have
time to investigate right now.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Jay Freedman" schreef in bericht
Hi Tony,

The NUL character is from a completely different field,
telecommunications (along with characters such as ACK and BEL).

While a "null symbol" may not literally exist, there is a symbol for
the mathematical concept of a "null set" or "empty set". It's in the
Arial Unicode MS font as character 2205. And, contrary to Ed G's
statement earlier, it is not a zero with a vertical slash, it's a
circle with a diagonal slash.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:42:12 +0100, "Tony Jollans" My forename at my
surname dot com wrote:

By definition a "null sign" does not exist.

There is a symbol which looks like ...

... which is U+2400 (press and hold Alt while you type 9216 - or in
recent
versions of Word type 2400 and press Alt+X)

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Simon Jones [MSDL]" schreef in
bericht ...
What does a "null" sign look like?

Simon Jones

"Ed G" wrote:

I am trying to make a "null sign" in Word and cannot figure out how to
do
it?
I am familiar with inserting symbols but cannot seem to find that
particular
symbol.