In addition to what Graham has said, if you think you remember the password,
there's a chance you are typing it wrong. Passwords are case-sensitive, so
make sure you don't have CapsLock on and are not capitalizing (or failing to
capitalize) inappropriately.

"Eagle69" wrote in message
I created a word document using MS Word from my Office XP package and
assigned a password to protect it. Actually it is a file I don't wish my
teenage children opening and reading. Anyway I can't remember the password

or
for some reason the password I believe I used is not working. How can I

open
the document? I need to be able to reset the password or remove it or
something first, but how can I do that?