Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Default How do I insert a hard tab?

If you are wanting to inset text, there are various ways to do this. One is
to use the Format | Paragraph menu and select the amount of the inset. There
are also buttons on the ruler to indent and decrease indent. If you want a
keyboard method, hold down the Ctrl key and strike the M key (you can do this
more than once for larger indents). Does this help?
--
Rae Drysdale

"Perfect to Word" wrote:

I used to be a Word Perfect user....The function key I used then for a hard
tab was Alt-f7. All the text following this hard tab would automatically
indent to the same tab setting until I hard returned. I need a place to ask
these simple questions that really irritate you when you are trying to learn
a new program...