SVC

Following Suzanne's advice, you probably have set your margins at 1.5" on
left and right and 1.25" on top and bottom to create your page in the middle
of the standard page. You can create a footer on this page by increasing the
footer margin to be greater than 1.25", which will allow you to put your page
number within your 5.5 X 8 page.

Alternately, you could use a text box in the header/footer and position the
text box where you would like it in your page, then add the page number to
the textbox..

"gayle" wrote:

I have the margins correct now, but the page numbers are all at the bottom of
each page out of the required range. I need to delete them and figure out
how to get the numbers within the 5.5" x 8.5". It is coming out like the
page is 11" long. Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you're sending the book to a commercial printer or publisher to be
printed, just increase the margins of the Letter-sized page to create the
5.5" x 8.5" page in the center, as the printer/publisher will want separate
pages. If you're planning to copy/print it yourself, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm

"gayle" wrote in message
How do I create a book that is 5.5" x 8.5". I already have it typed in

the
standard 8.5" x 11. Top and bottom margins have to be 1.85 and left and
right 2.15