Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rainyman

Default Delete Random Numbers in Word Document

Jezebel, it was you. Many, many thanks, you solved my problem. You are indeed
a Word genius. Appreciate your help. Rainyman

"Jezebel" wrote:

Remove your own page 60 (ie just insert the section break at the end of the
previous chapter, wherever that falls). Word inserts a blank page if
necessary when you print the document.

To fix the numbering: with the selection in the subsequent section, go to
Insert Page Numbers. Click Format. Select 'Continue from previous
section'.

"rainyman" wrote in message
Thanks for the information, Jezebel. I clicked on the chapter heading of
page
61 and tried the 'odd page' section break to delete the preceding page 60.
It
left me with page 60 and 61 became page 4. I don't know if it makes a
difference, but my Word program is bundled into the Office 2003 package.
Thanks again for trying to help. Rainyman

"rainyman" wrote:

I am formatting a book for print. I have page numbers, outside edge,
mirror
image, at the top of each page. I want all chapters to begin on an odd
numbered page. When skipping a even numbered page to begin a new chapter,
how
can I delete that even number from the top of the page, leaving a blank
page,
without deleting the entire page number scheme? Any help offered will be
greatly appreciated, I'm going nutcase trying to find a solution.
Rainyman