Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default tables & page breaks

Yes, but I'd call your "title row" the "table heading" row. The way to make
sure the heading row stays with the rest of the table is to mark the whole
row "keep with next" paragraph formatting.

cmore wrote:
i have created a table that has 5 columns with 1 major row that splits into 3
rows
see below example --

(Cols)= 1 2 3 4 5
A1 XXX XXX XXX
XX name A2 XXX XXX XXX
A3 XXX XXX XXX

Issue: if info added creates 2 page then get incorrect page break???
Now i did go to 'Table', 'Table Properties', 'Row' & unchecked 'Allow row to
break across pages' which forward to the next page properly --- but I CANT
get it to also forward the main title with Col/Row 1 -- so viewer can't see
that the info in A3 works with 'XX name'.

Does that make sense ?

Thank you !!!

Where do you want it to break, and what do you mean by correctly? I had
trouble understanding the table structure in your question. Is this an

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
-- how do i get it to page break correctly & get the title within the 1st
column/row?