WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Diagonal shading in cell

Yes, you can shade a cell diagonally in Microsoft Word. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Select the cell where you want to apply the diagonal shading.
  2. Go to the "Borders and Shading" option in the "Home" tab.
  3. In the "Shading" tab, select the "Diagonal Up" or "Diagonal Down" option under the "Patterns" section.
  4. Choose the color you want to use for the shading.
  5. Click "OK" to apply the diagonal shading to the cell.

If you want to apply two different shades to one day, you can split the cell into two diagonally and apply different shades to each half. Here's how:
  1. Select the cell where you want to apply the two different shades.
  2. Go to the "Layout" tab in the "Table Tools" section.
  3. Click on the "Split Cells" option.
  4. Choose the "Diagonal" option and select the direction you want the split to go.
  5. Click "OK" to split the cell diagonally.
  6. Select one half of the cell and apply the first shade using the steps above.
  7. Select the other half of the cell and apply the second shade using the same steps.