Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Gauci Paul Gauci is offline

Default Skip Numbering

In 2003 it worked perfectly. I loaded the corresponding icon in a floating
toolbar together with List Number and List Bullet icons and used it quite a
lot.

--
Paul Gauci

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Indeed, it seems to be a redundant feature... But I'm curious to learn if
you ever got it to work, when testing it?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The way it's evidently supposed to work is to create a numbered item
without a number. I find this anomalous and confusing. Given that Word has
provided the List Continue set of styles to coordinate with the List, List
Number, and List Bullet styles, I feel it is preferable to use these (or
Body Text, as required) instead of just removing the number from a
"numbered" style.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
If you want to skip numbering, the easiest way is to apply a style which
is not numbered. For example, you can press Ctrl+Shift+N to apply the
Normal style.

FWIW, I don't know how the Skip Numbering command is supposed to work; as
you've noticed, it doesn't seem to work at all.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Paul Gauci" wrote in message
In my Word 2007 the Skip Numbering command (I have included the
corresponding
green button in the QAT) does not work. Is this a problem with Word
2007?

--
Paul Gauci