Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Tom Tom is offline

Default how do I loop this macro?

Shauna,

I just tried it on another person's computer and it worked. Basically
our situation is a little bit different. We have ten tech writers who
all use the same document template. The macro is associated with the
list level styles in the template, so that avoids the problem of
different list styles on different computers.

The macro basically works like this: Find the next instance of the
RestartList style. Then when that next instance is located, manually
restart the list by going into bullets and numbering and checking the
restart box. (At least I think that's what I did instead of clicking
the Restart Numbering button -- but I can't remember right now).

Then after I'm done restarting the lists, I swap the Restart List style
to be a hidden style.

I really did read most of the tutorials on your site while figuring
this out. They were pretty helpful. But I think in my situation, I'm
dealing with documents generated from RoboHelp, not documents whose
source material is authored in Word, so I couldn't apply some of the
techniques. For example, I tried restarting lists by beginning each
first item with a new style. But that didn't seem to have an effect. (I
guess the RestartList style is essentially the same thing, though!)

Still, my method requires that I click the restart button numerous
times. Is there a way to have a macro loop so that it goes until it
finds all instances of the RestartList style? I had to do it one by one
because when I did it all at the same time, Word broke.

Thanks for your help.

Tom