Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

Default format text

I didn't have Word open. Thanks for letting me know.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It takes about two second to test this and confirm that changing the point
size of a space does not change the line spacing.

so
all may benefit.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in message
Have you actually tried this? Single-spaced 12-point text uses less space
that single-spaced 18-point text. Spaces count as text when Word is
measuring line height, is my guess. (I haven't tried it either.)

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"ChelseaWarren" wrote in
message
news
With a row of text in 12 font and changing the font of the spaces to 18
the
line spacing stayed at Single. It would change the line spacing if any

of
the characters themselves were made larger. Just change the font size

of
the
spaces between words.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

If you do that, it will change the line spacing for that line of text
though.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ChelseaWarren" wrote in
message
You could highlight the space between the words and change the font
size
of
the space. I don't know if you mean to change the space between
many
words
or just one. If you intend this for many words, change the font for
the
first space (eg 16 points), then immediately select the next space

and
hit
the Repeat key (F4). It's probably not very efficent but it works.

"sf" wrote:

How do I increase the space between words but keep it less than 2
spaces?

TIA