Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
klam

Default Query Option to recognize date

Hi all,

I have an Excel spreadsheet where one column, "Outcome" is set as Date
format (dd-mmm). This column contains different dates or text. I only want
the rows with dates in this column to be in the mail merge.

Under Mail Merge Helper I choose Query Options but don't know to get it to
recognize just the ones with dates. Separately, I have tried things like:
Outcome equal to "**-***", **-***, **"-"***, {dd-mmm}, dd-mmm but no mail
merge happens as "no data records matched".

Anyone know what the "compare to" should be for this Query Option?

(Using Word 2000 on XP) Thx for any suggestions.

cheers,
karen