Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Inconsistent spacing between paragraphs in different documents

In the Compatibility Options, make sure that "Don't use HTML auto paragraph
spacing" is checked. The effect of auto paragraph spacing is to suppress the
lesser of Space Before/After when they meet. That is, with this item
checked, 12 + 6 = 18; without it, 12 + 6 = 12.

"Pierre" idontwanttoreceiveemail@hotmaildotcomm wrote in message
I use Word 2003.

Document A was created with a template. Document B was created by someone
else but I attached my template to Document B using Tools Templates and

Add
Ins

All my styles from the template are available in Doc B.

For paragraphs, I use a style called Body. It has 3 pt spacing before and

3
pt after the paragraph. The problem is that the BODY paragraphs look
different in both documents. Specifically, the space between two BODY
paragraphs is not the same in both docs even though they both say 3pt

before
and after in the Paragraph specs.

I hope this is clear. It is very strange. Doc B looks like there is less
space between paragraphs that Doc A has.

I'd love to send a screen shot comparing the two docs.

I am suspecting a template issue

Thank you