Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mommasbroke

Default Mail merge using two data sources in same document

Thanks Doug for responding.

Yes, there is a relationship between the records that is why I need to use
both.

You see we are a construction company and we use various vendors for
different jobs. I have a data base set up for both vendors and jobs.

I can't create just one data base because that job may not relate to that
vendor or vice versa.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Mail merge can only use a single, flat file as a datasource. It is very
hard to imagine that there is not some relationship between the records in
your two sources seeing as how you want to combine them in a merged
document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mommasbroke" wrote in message
I'm trying to mail merge a letter that requires information from two
different data sources. I can not put the information from the two
different
data sources into one excell spreadsheet because the data does not
necessarily relate, therefore I need to be able to draw the specific
information I need from the two data sources into the letter.