Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Roman Roman is offline

Default stop text wrapping in Word 2003 document

Thank you. Indeed, maybe I should just use WordPad. Since the beginning of
time I think, notepad mysteriously adds line breaks when word wrapping is on
rather than just displaying it wrapped (in addition to other crazy behavior),
but that's another topic.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

For what you're describing, you're probably better off using Notepad,
Wordpad, or Excel.

Wordwrap is a feature. There is no way to turn it off. You can effectively
prevent Word from wrapping very long lines, however, by a combination of
setting the paper width really wide, setting the left/right margins very
small, setting the font size very small, and choosing Ignore instead of Fix
when/if Word tells you that the margins are set outside the printable area.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible