Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus Opinicus is offline

Default How do I set up Word to finish a commonly typed sentence/phras

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote

As Bob points out, we are just users and had no input into this decision,
but note that you can still insert the AutoText as before by typing the
first four characters of the unique entry name and pressing F3 instead of
Enter or Tab.

Far be it from me to praise the new incarnation of Word but I think I know
the reason for this particular decision. If you enter the first letters of
an autotext in a table and hit return, Word XP will crash under some
circumstances. I got bitten twice by this nasty little "gotcha" today
alone.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com