Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Spell check -- text marked skip spelling and grammar check

Even if the styles are formatted as "Do not check," changing this in the
Language dialog should permit spell checking (provided the spelling checker
is properly installed).

"Sten" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne,

This did not help. I think it is with the styles.

Thanks,
Sten

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/M...m#WordsSkipped

"Sten" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne,

I have the same problem, but I have word 2007. Please help.

Thanks,
Sten

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Ctrl+A to Select All, then go to Tools | Language | Set Language,
select
the
correct language, and clear the check box for "Do not check spelling
and
grammar."

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"David A." David wrote in message
I inherited a document and when I went to run spell check I get the
message
that some text was skipped because it was marked, "Do not check
spelling
or
grammar". How do I turn this feature off so I can check the full
document?