Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Default Current date shows up in text when I retrieve old letters.

It's a field set up for current date. You should delete that field and just
type in the correct date - if you know it.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Bobbie70" wrote in message
Just started a new job. When I retrieve letters from Word folders, the
current date shows up in the body of the letter; not the date the letter
was
actually typed and stored. The current date is highlighted in grey. It
does
no good to print out this copy of the letter, as it has the wrong date on
it.
How may I solve this problem?