Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Default My Worksheet Objects become just Objects. Why?

Hi Fred,

It all depends on which format you chose. You say you didn't want to embed the worksheet, so the only other way is to insert it as
another kind of object (eg picture). An alternative would be to insert a link to the object, in which case you'd normally do the
editing in the source worksheet, not in Word.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Fred Borden" wrote in message ...
I have Office 2003. I have been copying tables from excel into word. I first
insert an Excel spreadsheet into Word, then copy a table from Excel. I then
Paste Special, choose values, then choose formats. This works out fine,
initially. Now though, when I need to go back in to edit a spread is Word, I
double click and find that my worksheet object hast become an object. I then
can't edit and have to start all over. What is casuing the worksheeet object
to become an object? Also, when I right click and choose "Object", I get a
message that says "This object is corrupt or no longer available". Note that
for size reasons, I do not want to imbed the worksheet into Word. I never
had this problem with Office 97.