Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Redundant extra page

I'm beginning to understand now. The text boxes are floating in the wrong
places - but most mysteriously, I cannot see an anchor anywhere. You could
try right-clicking on the edge of each text box and then use the position
settings all set reference to the Page. However, this is totally the wrong
way to set about this.

The Word way is to go to Tools, Envelopes and Labels, select the Envelope
tab, select the correct envelope size and Add to Document. Note that the
envelopes displayed are limited solely to those supported by your printer
driver. If 10 x 4 is not an option, select the closest envelope larger than
the 10 x 4 and Add To Document. Then go to page setup and adjust the margins
to compensate for the oversize. Once it is correct, you can save it as a
template for reuse

However, that said, I hate the wizard and prefer to create my own templates
for the envelopes that I use regularly. My colleague, Graham Mayor, has an
excellent guide in how to change the envelope layouts and several envelope
templates that you can download.

http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm

Terry

"tcebob" handle @ gwi.net wrote in message
OK, I take it you mean the Show/Hide command. Here's another shot. As I
said, the table is
removed. The principal issue is why the dashed lines indicating the
borders don't coincide
with the 4 tick marks.
rs

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
: It is impossible to see what you have done because you still haven't
toggled
: on the ShowAll command. If you can't see the non-printing characters,
you
: cannot see what you have done. We can't see what you have done either.
:
: Terry
:
: "tcebob" handle @ gwi.net wrote in message
: ...
:
: (Forgot to mention: Word 2003)
: Apparently the table cell complicates the situation, so I removed it.
Now
: I have two text
: boxes and have defined the margins as left 0.1", right 0.9", top 4"
and
: bottom 0.5".
: however, as you can see on the screen shot, the margin area is about
half
: that expected,
: though the tick marks are shown right.
: Further, if I drag one of the textboxes to the working area, it
: disappears.
:
: I guess I'll have to give up on the textboxes and just type the text
in
: place.
:
: rs
:
: "Terry Farrell" wrote in message
: ...
: :I can't image what you have done, but you mentioned table. Tables
MUST
: : always be followed by a paragraph mark that stores its formatting
: : information. Turn on your ShowAll command and you will probably see
the
: : trailing paragraph mark on the blank page in its own. Select it and
: apply
: : Hidden attribute. Then when you toggle off the ShowAll command, the
: extra
: : page will disappear.
: :
: : --
: : Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP
: :
: : "tcebob" handle @ gwi.net wrote in message
: : ...
: : I tried to set up a 10 x 4 envelope at the top of an 8 1/2 x 11
page
: : (landscape). Brought
: : in a table of one cell, just for visual alignment, and text boxes
for
: : return and send
: : addresses. Somehow, the program has ascertained that I really want
2
: : pages, each 11 x 4
: : 1/4 above and below each other. So print results in a blank sheet
and
: an
: : ok envelope. But
: : the blank sheet prints first (my option) and there is no
opportunity
: : set the envelope
: : in the printer. How can I place the text and margins where they
belong
: and
: : wind up with
: : just one sheet?