Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Redundant extra page

And see also http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/DetachEnvelope.htm

"tcebob" handle @ gwi.net wrote in message
Thanks, Terry: I will check out Graham's info. I didn't think of the

Add-to-document
feature as a means of setting up a template. Worth a try.

The primary motivation for this exercise is to come up with a batch file

to grab an
address from Outlook, activate Word, and print the envelope. Only one at a

time; I don't
do batch mailing.

rs

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
: I'm beginning to understand now. The text boxes are floating in the

wrong
: places - but most mysteriously, I cannot see an anchor anywhere. You

could
: try right-clicking on the edge of each text box and then use the

position
: settings all set reference to the Page. However, this is totally the

wrong
: way to set about this.
:
: The Word way is to go to Tools, Envelopes and Labels, select the

Envelope
: tab, select the correct envelope size and Add to Document. Note that the
: envelopes displayed are limited solely to those supported by your

printer
: driver. If 10 x 4 is not an option, select the closest envelope larger

than
: the 10 x 4 and Add To Document. Then go to page setup and adjust the

margins
: to compensate for the oversize. Once it is correct, you can save it as a
: template for reuse
:
: However, that said, I hate the wizard and prefer to create my own

templates
: for the envelopes that I use regularly. My colleague, Graham Mayor, has

an
: excellent guide in how to change the envelope layouts and several

envelope
: templates that you can download.
:
: http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm
:
: Terry
:
: "tcebob" handle @ gwi.net wrote in message
: ...
: OK, I take it you mean the Show/Hide command. Here's another shot. As

: said, the table is
: removed. The principal issue is why the dashed lines indicating the
: borders don't coincide
: with the 4 tick marks.
: rs
:
:
: "Terry Farrell" wrote in message
: ...
: : It is impossible to see what you have done because you still haven't
: toggled
: : on the ShowAll command. If you can't see the non-printing

characters,
: you
: : cannot see what you have done. We can't see what you have done

either.
: :
: : Terry
: :
: : "tcebob" handle @ gwi.net wrote in message
: : ...
: :
: : (Forgot to mention: Word 2003)
: : Apparently the table cell complicates the situation, so I removed

it.
: Now
: : I have two text
: : boxes and have defined the margins as left 0.1", right 0.9", top

4"
: and
: : bottom 0.5".
: : however, as you can see on the screen shot, the margin area is

about
: half
: : that expected,
: : though the tick marks are shown right.
: : Further, if I drag one of the textboxes to the working area, it
: : disappears.
: :
: : I guess I'll have to give up on the textboxes and just type the

text
: in
: : place.
: :
: : rs
: :
: : "Terry Farrell" wrote in message
: : ...
: : :I can't image what you have done, but you mentioned table. Tables
: MUST
: : : always be followed by a paragraph mark that stores its

formatting
: : : information. Turn on your ShowAll command and you will probably

see
: the
: : : trailing paragraph mark on the blank page in its own. Select it

and
: : apply
: : : Hidden attribute. Then when you toggle off the ShowAll command,

the
: : extra
: : : page will disappear.
: : :
: : : --
: : : Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP
: : :
: : : "tcebob" handle @ gwi.net wrote in message
: : : ...
: : : I tried to set up a 10 x 4 envelope at the top of an 8 1/2 x 11
: page
: : : (landscape). Brought
: : : in a table of one cell, just for visual alignment, and text

boxes
: for
: : : return and send
: : : addresses. Somehow, the program has ascertained that I really

want
: 2
: : : pages, each 11 x 4
: : : 1/4 above and below each other. So print results in a blank

sheet
: and
: : an
: : : ok envelope. But
: : : the blank sheet prints first (my option) and there is no
: opportunity
: : : set the envelope
: : : in the printer. How can I place the text and margins where

they
: belong
: : and
: : : wind up with