Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sheana sheana is offline

Default Qwestion about how MS word sees tables.

I you create a table 5 columns and 6 rows, and then use the tables and
borders function to erase all the horizontal lines in the first column, and
erase (inrow 1) columns 2,3 and 4 .....does MS word act as if the rows and
columns were never erased?

I ask this because in trying to use the functions Distribute Rows evenly and
Distribute columns evenly, I can use the former but not the latter, when I
select the entire table.

The error message I get is: Word cannot distruibute the selected columns.
When the selection contains cells that extend across more than one row, the
number of columns selected must be the same for all rows in the selection.

Please explain this. Thanks in advance.