Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Applying default paragraph style (Word 2007)

As in all previous versions, the shortcut Ctrl+spacebar removes any
direct character formatting from the selected text, and Ctrl+q removes
any direct paragraph formatting.

If you'd really rather do the exact analogue of what you did in Word
2003, the corresponding shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S to open the
Styles task pane. However, the Default Paragraph Font choice in that
box will remove only direct character formatting, the same as
Ctrl+spacebar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:34:04 -0700, Judy
wrote:

How do I apply the default paragraph style to text which has been altered
with custom formatting? In 2003, I could highlight a paragraph which
contained words that were manually formatted (e.g., bold), and alt+O, S would
give me the Styles dialog in which I could select "Default Paragraph Style"
from the scroll box. How do I accomplish this in Word 2007? A
keyboard-shortcut solution would work best for me. I need to use the mouse as
little as possible.