Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Default Side of page text (within margin)

Place the cursor in the header area, and then insert a text box or
frame. This anchors the text box (frame) to the header and it will
show on all pages using that header. For details, see the "More
complex letterhead" section of the article at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Scott" wrote in message
What I wanted was a header at the top, footer at bottom, and a

permanent text
box down the right side (text facing down) - ie page text in two

columns
would be next to this.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

A header/footer can be anywhere on the page. Place the text box in

the
header view and it will appear on all pages.

Scott wrote:
I'm designing a information sheet with header/footer and two

columns.
I'd like to have a permanent text are at the right upper edge

(ie
running down the side-with text running top to bottom) - almost

side footer or header. Can I do this? Any suggestions? I used a

text
box when I did this in Word Perfect, but is there an easier

way....
Thanks.