Even when you remove the \h switch, the page numbers are still hyperlinked.
Moreover, removing the page numbers manually will have no effect since they
will be added back the next time you update the TOC. You *must* use the \n
switch to remove page numbers.

"TOC" wrote in message
Thank you so much Gilley. that is exactly what i was looking for. but

what
if you wanted the TOC to be a hyperlink but want to format it the way i

just
decribed (ie delete page num etcs)

or you cant have your cake and eat it too.

"Gilley" wrote:

What you are probably experiencing is the dreaded 'hyperlinking' of the

TOC
entries.

This also drives me crazy. To be able to just select the pages number

Turn on View Field Codes (Tools | Options | View Tab | Field Codes).
You should see something that resembles the following:
{ TOC \o "1-3" \h \z}

It is the "\h" that is causing your the trouble. Remove the \h from the
field code. This is the trigger for the hyperlinking.

Turn off View Field Codes.

Now you can remove the page numbers on the TOC entries you need to.

Regards,

Gilley

"TOC" wrote:

I am working on a table of contents for a legal brief and on the TOC

its self
i want only certain lines to have the actual page number i.e. heading

has
page number and sub heading does not. i know before i was able to do

it by
going to the end of a the line and delete three times and the .......3

will
delete but now it is highlighting everything in that is connected to

that
page number (.......3).

please help! i appreciate any help that you can give