Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Configure Word to use Firefox?

Hi Tom,

You can configure *your *default browser choice, but you can't make it the default for others.

In Firefox have you set it as the default browser in Tools=Options=Main?
=============
"TomF" wrote in message ...
Is there a way to configure Word so that a link in a .doc file uses my
default browser, which is Firefox? I checked the Tools-Options-
General-Web Options section, and the only browsers listed in the
"People who view this web page will be using..." section are IE
versions. Basically I want to say "Whenever someone clicks on a link
in this document, I want it to be rendered in the default browser", or
at least to be able to specify which application to use.

By the way, I am using Word 2003 in Windows XP Professional. Thanks.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP